Bean Salad Tacos
|4 large eggs|
|12 taco shells|
|4 cloves garlic|
|1/4 cup lemon juice|
|1/2 cup fresh parsley|
|4 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|1 (15 oz) can white beans|
|1 (15 oz) can black beans|
|1 (15 oz) can red beans|
|`1 small fennel bulb|
|1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated|
|1 bunch watercress|
This is a wonderful vegetarian version of the classic taco.
- Boil the eggs for 8 minutes. Cool under running water, then peel and cut into quarters.
- In a food processor, add the garlic, lemon juice and parsley, 1 tbs water and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper the process until well combined. Set aside.
- Warm the taco shells according to package directions.
- Drain and rinse beans, then cut the fennel bulb and apple into thin strips.
- Toss beans, fennel and apple together with the dressing.
- Mix in the grated Parmesan and eggs.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the salad in taco shells garnished with watercress.