Bean Salad Tacos
- 4 large eggs
- 12 taco shells
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 4 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (15 oz) can white beans
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans
- 1 (15 oz) can red beans
- `1 small fennel bulb
- 1 apple
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 bunch watercress
This is a wonderful vegetarian version of the classic taco.
- Boil the eggs for 8 minutes. Cool under running water, then peel and cut into quarters.
- In a food processor, add the garlic, lemon juice and parsley, 1 tbs water and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper the process until well combined. Set aside.
- Warm the taco shells according to package directions.
- Drain and rinse beans, then cut the fennel bulb and apple into thin strips.
- Toss beans, fennel and apple together with the dressing.
- Mix in the grated Parmesan and eggs.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the salad in taco shells garnished with watercress.