Beet and Orange Salad
- 1 (15 oz) can sliced beets, drained
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbs orange marmalade
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and sectioned
- lettuce leaves for serving
- Place beet slices in an 8 inch square baking dish.
- Bring sugar and next ingredients to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in marmalade cool slightly, then pour over the beets.
- Cover mixture and chill for 8 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Drain beet slices, reserving 2 tbs of the marinade.
- Toss together reserved marinade, beet slices, and orange sections.
- Serve immediately on lettuce leaves.