Belgian Waffles with Cinnamon and Vanilla
|1 1/2 cups ap flour|
|1/4 cup granulated sugar|
|1/4 cup light brown sugar (packed)|
|2 tsp baking powder|
|1/2 tsp kosher salt|
|1/4 tsp baking soda|
|2 large eggs, room temperature, beaten|
|2 tbs ricotta cheese|
|1 1/4 cups buttermilk|
|2 tsp ground cinnamon|
|2 tsp pure vanilla extract|
|5 tbs unsalted butter, melted|
|pure maple syrup and whipped cream for serving|
You will need a waffle iron for this recipe. Alternatively you may use the same batter to make pancakes.
- Whisk flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar and baking soda in a bowl and combine well.
- Whisk eggs and ricotta in a bowl, then add the buttermilk, cinnamon and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
- Whisk in 5 tbs of melted butter, then fold in dry ingredients with a rubber spatula. Do not over mix. Some lumps are ok.
- Let batter sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Heat waffle iron (if using), then spray with non stick spray.
- Cook for 5-8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve at once with syrup and whipped cream if desired.