Blackened Mahi Mahi Tacos with Kiwi Nectarine Salsa
|For the salsa|
|3 kiwi's peeled and chopped|
|2 nectarines, pitted, peeled and chopped|
|1 jalapeno, seeded and diced|
|1/2 red onion, peeled and diced|
|1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped|
|2 garlic cloves, peeled minced|
|juice of 2 limes|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|For the fish tacos|
|4 (6 oz) Mahi Mahi fillets ( you may use and firm white fillets desired)|
|4 tbs olive oil, divided|
|kosher salt and black pepper|
|8 (6 inch) corn tortillas|
|1 cup shredded purple or white cabbage|
|1 lime cut into wedges|
- To make the salsa, in a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and stir to mix well. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired. Set aside.
- For the fish tacos, drizzle 2 tbs of oil over fillets.
- Generously season both sides with salt and pepper, garlic powder, cumin and cayenne pepper.
- Preheat a cast iron pan to medium heat, add the remaining oil and then the fish fillets.
- Cook for 3 minutes, turn over the fillets and cook for an additional 3 minutes or until the fish becomes opaque and begins to flake.
- Set aside and keep warm.
- Grill tortillas over medium high heat for 1-2 minutes per side.
- Divide the fish equally between tortillas, top with cabbage and spoon over the salsa.
- Serve with lime wedges
This was the best fish tacos I ever had.👍