- 1 tbs onion powder
- 1 tbs oregano
- 1 tbs black pepper
- 3 tsp white pepper
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper 1 tbs Kosher salt
- 1 tbs paprika
- 1 tbs Garlic powder
- 4 (1/2 lb) Red fish or other firm white fish filets, skin on
- 1/4 cup peanut or canola oil
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Rinse fillets and pat dry.
- Prepare seasoning mix.
- Dredge fillets on all sides with seasoning mix and set aside.
- In a large saute pan or preferably a cast iron pan add enough oil to cover bottom by 1/8 inch.
- Heat oil using high heat but not smoking and fry the fillets for 2-3 minutes per side, depending on thickness.
- Remove fillets and serve with fresh lemon wedges.