BLT Hot Dog
- 4 hot dogs
- 4 sesame seed hot dog buns
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 strips of bacon
- 1 medium ripe tomato, chopped
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- tooth picks
- vegetable oil for frying
- 2 thinly sliced scallions for garnish
- Add oil to a deep fryer or large sauce pan until 1/3 full. Heat to 350 degrees.
- Wrap each hot dog in a strip of bacon and secure with tooth picks.
- Once oil is hot add the hot dogs, 2 at a time and fry until the bacon is crispy and the hot dog is cook through. About 6-8 minutes. Set aside to drain on a rack and cook the other 2 hot dogs.
- To assemble the hot dogs, add dogs to a bun, top with mayonnaise, chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce and thinly sliced scallions.