Blue Cheese Stuffed Hamburgers
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbs Dijon mustard
- 4 onion hamburger buns
- 1 1/4 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 4 slices ripe tomato
- Season the ground beef with salt and pepper to taste.
- Form meat into 8 (1/4 inch) patties.
- Stir together blue cheese, cream cheese and mustard.
- Place 2 tbs of the cheese mixture on top of each of 4 patties.
- Top each with remaining meat pattie, then press around the edges to seal.
- Cook in a skillet over medium heat, turning once until desired doneness is achieved. (12-15 minutes for medium)
- Place burgers on buns, then cook mushrooms and onions in the skillet along with the meat drippings and re season with salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce.
- Place a tomato slice on each burger and top with grilled mushrooms and onions.