Bourbon Orange Cranberry Nut Bread
|2 1/2cups flour|
|3 tsp baking powder|
|1 tsp salt|
|1 cup sugar|
|1/2 cup shortening|
|1/2 cup bourbon|
|1/2 cup orange juice|
|1 egg beaten|
|1 tbs orange rind, grated|
|1 cup chopped nuts|
|1/2 cup dried cranberries|
- Mix together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Cut shortening into dry ingredients.
- Add bourbon, orange juice, and beaten egg to dry ingredients.
- Stir orange rind, chopped nuts and dried cranberries into batter and mix well.
- Pour batter into a greased bread loaf pan and let stand for about 20 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour, or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean and the bread has pulled away from sides of the pan.
- Cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.
- Slice when completely cool.