Bowtie Tuna Tomato Salad
|2 cans of solid white albacore tuna, drained|
|16 oz package of bow tie pasta|
|1/4 cup sweet onion, minced|
|2 tbs mayonnaise|
|2 tbs mustard|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1 large ripe tomato, chopped|
|1 large ripe tomato, cut into thin wedges|
|3 tbs olive oil|
|2 tbs balsamic vinegar|
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking prepare the tuna salad.
- Drain tuna and mix with onion, mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Cut tomatoes into thin wedges.
- When pasta is cooked, drain, leave in colander and stir in olive oil and vinegar, allowing excess to drain.
- Divide pasta among 4 pasta bowls.
- Divide tuna salad into 4 portions and add to the middle of each pasta filled bowl.
- Garnish with tomato wedges around the edge of the bowl.