Bratwurst with Beer and Sauerkraut
|2 packages of bratwurst|
|2 (12 oz) bottles of Stout beer|
|2 tbs butter|
|1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips|
|1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips|
|Kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1-2 cups sauerkraut|
|1/4 cup water|
- Place the bratwurst and beer in a cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Cook stirring occasionally, until the beer reduces to a syrupy glaze. Don’t over cook or the glaze will burn.
- Meanwhile in a small pan over medium heat, melt the butter and saute the peppers and onions until soft and translucent. Season with salt and pepper.
- When the bratwurst is done, remove from the pan.
- To the same pan, add the sauerkraut and water, and cook until the liquid has evaporated.