Bratwurst with Beer and Sauerkraut
- 2 packages of bratwurst
- 2 (12 oz) bottles of Stout beer
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1-2 cups sauerkraut
- 1/4 cup water
- Place the bratwurst and beer in a cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Cook stirring occasionally, until the beer reduces to a syrupy glaze. Don’t over cook or the glaze will burn.
- Meanwhile in a small pan over medium heat, melt the butter and saute the peppers and onions until soft and translucent. Season with salt and pepper.
- When the bratwurst is done, remove from the pan.
- To the same pan, add the sauerkraut and water, and cook until the liquid has evaporated.