Breaded Fresh Mozzarella
|1 cup flour|
|3 eggs, beaten|
|1 cup Italian bread crumbs|
|1 lb fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced into 1/2 inch rounds|
|Olive oil, just enough to cover the bottom of the pan|
|fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish|
- Place flour, eggs and bread crumbs into 3 separate shallow bowls.
- Dip cheese slices in flour, then in egg and repeat.
- Coat the cheese with bread crumbs completely.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat, and fry cheese, turning once until cheese is warm and golden on both sides.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve with marinara sauce if desired.