The Brisket Mac and Cheese Grilled Cheese Sandwich
|1/4 tsp chili powder|
|1/4 tsp garlic powder|
|4 tbs butter, softened|
|4 slices hearty sour dough bread|
|4 slices Wisconsin cheddar cheese|
|1 1/4 cups macaroni and cheese, heated, homemade or store brought|
|4 slices bacon, cooked|
|4 slices Wisconsin pepper jack cheese|
|3/4 cup prepared chopped smoked brisket, homemade or store brought, heated|
|2 tbs honey smoked barbecue sauce, omit if brisket has sauce|
|4 slices avocado|
|1 tbs pickled jalapeno chilies, minced|
This is wonderfully cheesy grilled cheese, topped with smokey brisket, Wisconsin pepper jack, crispy bacon, avocado and last but not least macaroni and cheese. Recipe courtesy of Wisconsin cheese and Danielle Sanderson of Philadelphia Pa. Note: Pulled pork may be substituted if desired.
- Mix chili powder and garlic powder into butter and spread on 1 side of 2 slices of bread. Place the buttered side down in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Place 2 slices of cheddar on each, then divide hot mac and cheese evenly over each piece and top with another slice of bread.
- Butter tops and turn the sandwiches over.
- Top each sandwich with 2 pieces of bacon and 2 slices of pepper jack cheese.
- Place hot brisket on top of one of the sandwiches; use a slotted spoon to avoid excess liquid.
- Top with jalapeno and avocado.
- Carefully place the other sandwich cheese side down on top.
- Both sides should be golden brown.
- Cut in half and serve.