- 1 (16 oz) package frozen peas
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, packed
- 3/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1/3 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
Mushy peas are a staple British comfort food. Basically the dish is peas, pureed with olive oil, mint, butter and brown sugar. Absolutely delicious.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the peas, mint, and green onions, stirring occasionally, until they are tender.
- Transfer to a food processor along with broth, butter, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Puree until almost smooth, but with some lumps. ( note add broth a little at a time until desired consistency is reached.