Buffalo Chicken Rice
|4 tbs unsalted butter, divided|
|2 cups shredded cooked chicken|
|1/4 cup hot sauce, divided|
|1 cup rice|
|2 cups chicken stock|
|1/2 cup mayonnaise|
|1/2 cup sour cream|
|1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded|
|1/2 cup celery, chopped|
|1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese|
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees, then spray a 8 inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Melt 2 tbs of butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat and heat chicken with 1 tbs of hot sauce, stirring occasionally for about 2 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Melt remaining 2 tbs of butter in the same skillet and cook rice stirring occasionally until golden, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in chicken stock and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer covered for 20 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Remove rice from heat, then stir in the chicken mixture, 3 tbs hot sauce, mayonnaise and sour cream.
- Spread 1/2 of the mixture in prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, then top with remaining chicken mixture and cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with celery and blue cheese.