|1 lb large dried lima beans|
|1 medium onion, chopped|
|8-10 cloves garlic, chopped|
|1 tbs fresh parsley, chopped|
|1 tbs fresh thyme, chopped|
|1 smoked ham hock|
|2 sticks unsalted butter|
|Kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|6 cups chicken stock|
This is a buttery savory recipe that brings our the delightful flavor in lima beans.
- Soak the beans in water for 4 hours.
- Once the beans are soaked, drain and set aside.
- In a large stock pot add 1 tbs olive oil and saute the onion and garlic until soft.
- Add the beans ham hock and chicken stock and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- If too much liquid evaporates, add more chicken stock
- Cook for 2 hours or until the beans are tender.
- Season with thyme, parsley salt and pepper, then add the butter and gently stir to combine.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if desired.