Butter Crunch Toffee
|1 cup sugar|
|1 tsp kosher salt|
|1/4 cup water|
|1/2 cup butter|
|1/2 cups chopped walnuts|
|12 oz semisweet chocolate|
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, combine the sugar, salt, water and butter.
- Cook to a light crack stage (285 degrees on a candy thermometer).
- Test by adding a few drops to a glass of water. They should form a pliable ribbon.
- Remove from the heat, and add 1/2 cup of the chopped walnuts.
- Mix well , and pour onto a well-greased cookie sheet. Set aside and let cool for 20 minutes.
- In a double boiler placed over a saucepan of simmering water, melt 6 oz of chocolate, then spread evenly over the cooled candy.
- Sprinkle with another 1/2 cup of the chopped walnuts. Set aside to cool, about 20 minutes.
- When cool, turn the candy over.
- In the same double boiler, melt the remaining 6 oz of chocolate, and spread it on top of the candy.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of walnuts.
- When the chocolate has cooled, break the toffee into pieces.