Cajun Chicken and Sausage Stew
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tbs oil
- 1 kielbasa sausage, cut into rounds
- 1 lb ham, cut into cubes
- 1 (12 oz) can hominy, drained
- 2 cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 can black black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tsp white pepper
- 2 tsp black pepper
- Kosher salt to taste
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp gumbo file
- 1 tbs fresh thyme, chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- White rice for serving
The longer you cook it the better it tastes.
- In a stock pot lightly saute chicken thighs in oil, then stir in kielbasa and ham and continue sauteing.
- Add hominy, tomatoes, black beans, onion, garlic, mushroom and spices. Saute for several minutes, then add the chicken stock.
- Stew 2 to 4 hours on ow heat, adding more chicken stock if mixture becomes too dry.
- Serve over white rice.