Caramelized Bourbon Onions
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 large Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup beef broth, optional
- Heat oil in a saute pan over medium heat.
- Add butter and brown sugar and stir to combine.
- Add onions and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- add brown sugar, salt, pepper and cook for about 10 minutes , stirring frequently or until onions begin to caramelize.
- Add the bourbon and the broth and continue to stir until the liquid has cooked off and onions are nice and brown..