Caramelized Bourbon Onions
|2 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|1 tbs butter|
|1 large Spanish onion, thinly sliced|
|2 tsp brown sugar|
|1/2 tsp kosher salt|
|1/2 tsp black pepper|
|1/2 cup bourbon|
|1/4 cup beef broth, optional|
- Heat oil in a saute pan over medium heat.
- Add butter and brown sugar and stir to combine.
- Add onions and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- add brown sugar, salt, pepper and cook for about 10 minutes , stirring frequently or until onions begin to caramelize.
- Add the bourbon and the broth and continue to stir until the liquid has cooked off and onions are nice and brown..