Cast Iron Skillet Clams with Garlic Herbs and Lavender
|2 lbs little neck clams|
|4 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves removed and chopped|
|2 tbs lavender flowers|
|2 tbs olive oil|
|6 cloves garlic, chopped|
|2 tbs salted butter, cubed|
|juice of 1 lemon|
- Heat a large cast iron skillet using high heat, add the olive oil, then the garlic, Cook for about 30 seconds, then add the clams.
- Cook the clams until they slightly open, then add the lavender, rosemary and butter.
- Next add the white wine, lemon juice, and reduce slightly for about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the clams from the heat and stir to combine the liquid and spices.
- Add the clams to a large bowl and pour the liquid over.
- Serve with crusty bread.