Celery Root Puree
|3 lbs celery root, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes|
|4 cups milk or half and half|
|3 cups water|
|2 tbs unsalted butter|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
- Bring milk, water and celery root to a simmer in a large sauce pan over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat to maintain a gently simmer and cook until very tender, about 30 minutes.
- Reserve 1 cup of the cooking liquid, then drain.
- Puree the celery root, butter, salt and pepper in a food processor until smooth and the consistency of thinned mashed potatoes.
- Add some of the cooking liquid if necessary to achieve the right consistency.