Cheese Biscuits with Pecan
- 3 cups sifted flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 heaping tsp cayenne
- 1/2 pound unsalted butter
- 4 cups sharp cheddar, grated
- Pecan halves
- Sift together all dry ingredients.
- Cream the butter and grated cheese and add to the dry mixture to form a dough.
- Roll out the dough 1/4 inch thick, cut into rounds with an biscuit cutter, then place a pecan half into the center of each biscuit.
- Transfer to cookie sheets and bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 10-12 minutes or until slightly browned.