Gruyere Cheese Souffle’
|6 tbs butter|
|2/3 cup flour|
|2 tsp kosher salt|
|1/4 tsp dry mustard|
|1 1/2 cups milk|
|1 1/2 cups Gruyere cheese, shredded|
|1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce|
|6 eggs, separated|
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and lightly flour a 1 1/2 quart souffle dish or casserole.
- Make a 4 inch band of double thickness aluminum foil 2 inches longer than the circumference of the dish and grease one side.
- Extend depth of dish by wrapping foil, greased side in around the top of the dish and secure foil with clear tape.
- In a large sauce pan, melt the butter, then blend in the flour, salt and mustard. Heat until bubbly.
- Add the milk and heat until the mixture is very thick and smooth, stirring constantly.
- Add the cheese and Worcestershire sauce and stir until cheese melts.
- Remove from heat, then blend in the egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks from, do not over beat. Fold into the cheese mixture.
- Carefully pour the mixture into the souffle dish and bake at 350 degrees for 55- 60 minutes.
- Remove foil band and serve immediately.