Cheesy Stuffed Sausage Pasta Bake
|1 lb of rigatoni or penne pasta|
|1 lb Italian sausage, removed from casing and crumbled|
|1 (24 oz) jar marinara sauce|
|1 tbs Italian seasoning|
|Kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1 (15 oz) container ricotta cheese|
|2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded|
|3 tbs fresh Parmesan cheese, grated|
|2 tbs chopped parsley|
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the pasta according to pasta directions. Remove 2 minutes before suggested cooking time. Drain and set aside.
- Cook and stir sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes or until cooked through..
- Drain and return to the skillet.
- Stir in the sauce, Italian seasoning salt, pepper and cooked pasta.
- Layer half of the pasta mixture in a greased baking dish.
- Mix the ricotta and 1 cup of mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Spread over pasta.
- Top with remaining pasta and mozzarella.
- Sprinkle with parsley, then bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and melted.