Chicken Apricot and Walnut Wild Rice
|2 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts, grilled or poached|
|1/2 cup celery, chopped|
|1 cup white onion, minced|
|2 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|1 2/3 cup wild rice|
|1 cup dry white wine|
|1 1/2 cups water|
|1 tbs fresh parsley, chopped|
|1/2 cups dried apricots, finely chopped|
|1/2 cup raisins, finely chopped|
|1/4 cup walnuts, finely chopped|
|2 tsp fresh sage, minced|
- After cooking the chicken chill, then thinly slice.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly coat a 2 quart baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Saute the celery and onion in the oil in a medium sauce pan for 2 minutes.
- Pour the vegetables into the baking dish and add the rice, wine, water, parsley, apricots, raisins, walnuts and sage. Mix well.
- cover and bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- To serve, add the chicken, fluff the rice and garnish with additional walnuts if desired.