Chicken Breast with Prosciutto and Fontina Cheese
|8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts|
|1/2 cup flour|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|3 tbs unsalted butter|
|2 tbs olive oil|
|8 thin slices prosciutto|
|8 thin slices fontina cheese|
|2 tbs freshly grated Parmesan|
|2 tbs chicken stock|
- Season flour with salt and pepper.
- Dredge chicken in seasoned flour and pat off excess.
- Heat a large skillet and using medium high heat add the butter and olive oil
- Brown chicken on both sides until golden. Do not cook all the way through. This step is just to sear the chicken.
- Arrange the chicken in a baking dish. Add the chicken stock.
- Lay a slice of prosciutto, then a slice of cheese over the chicken.
- Bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees until cheese is melted and the chicken is cooked through
- Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary.