Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Spinach and Cheese
|2 tsp extra virgin olive oil|
|1 1/2 cups baby spinach|
|1/2 cup ricotta cheese|
|1/2 cup white cheddar cheese, grated|
|1 lb boneless, skinless, chicken breast|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1 tbs smoked paprika|
|3 cloves garlic, minced|
|1/2 medium onion, minced|
|fresh parsley for garnish|
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add the olive oil to a medium hot saute pan, add the garlic and onions and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the spinach and saute for another 3-5 minutes, or until wilted and the garlic and onions are incorporated.
- Stir in the ricotta and cook for a minute, then leave to cool.
- Cut cross ways slits into the chicken breasts, about 1 inch apart, 75 percent of the way through the chicken.
- Season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with paprika and white cheddar.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the juices are clear.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
- Alternatively you may cut a pocket in the chicken breasts and stuff with the cheese and spinach as pictured.