- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbs panko bread crumbs
- 4 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 large plum tomato, cut into 8 slices or 8 cherry tomatoes
- 4 large basil leaves
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Arrange chicken on rimmed baking sheet, evenly spread mayonnaise over the top, then sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake chicken until cooked through, topping with mozzarella during the last 5 minutes of cooking time.
- Remove from the oven and top with tomato slices and basil leaves.
- Season with salt and pepper, then drizzle with balsamic vinegar before serving.