Chickpea Salad with Sausage and Snap Peas
|1 (15 oz) can of chickpeas|
|3 oz sliced chorizo or salami|
|1 (8 oz) package of sugar snap peas|
|1 bell pepper, cut into julienne|
|1 (5 oz) package argula|
|2 tbs chopped basil|
|2 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|2 tsp red wine vinegar|
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas.
- Roughly dice the chorizo, then halve the sugar snap peas lengthwise.
- Heat a dry skillet over high heat and stir fry the chorizo for 2 minutes.
- Add the peppers and peas and stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the olive oil and red wine vinegar.
- Mix the chickpeas in a large bowl with the vegetables and chorizo and toss with the arugula and basil.