Chickpea Salad with Sausage and Snap Peas
|1 (15 oz) can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained|
|1/4 lb chorizo sausage or salami|
|1/2 lb stringless sugar snap peas|
|1 red bell pepper, julienned|
|1/2 lb arugula|
|2 tbs chopped basil|
|1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|Juice and zest from 1 lemon|
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas.
- Roughly dice the chorizo, then halve the sugar snap peas lengthwise.
- Heat a dry skillet over high heat and stir fry the chorizo for 2 minutes.
- Add the peppers and peas and stir fry for 3 minutes more.
- In a large bowl mix the chickpea along with the vegetables and chorizo, then toss with the arugula, lemon zest and basil.
- Drizzle with olive oil, lemon juice then season with salt and pepper.