Chilled Lettuce and Pea Gazpacho
|2 onions, chopped|
|2 tbs butter|
|1 heat of lettuce|
|1 (16 oz) pkg frozen or fresh peas|
|1 cup chicken broth|
|1 package of fresh chives|
|Kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
This is a super refreshing soup that is surprisingly sweet and savory.
- Chop the onions, then heat the butter in a large sauce pan and saute the onions for about 3 minutes.
- Wash and dry the lettuce leaves, then cut into strips.
- Put the peas, lettuce, 2 cups water and broth in a pot.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Set aside 1/4 of the chives for garnish, then finely chop the rest of the chives.
- Remove the pan from the heat, stir in the chives, then puree in a food processor or blender.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Let cool for 30 minutes, then chill for about 3 hours.
- Garnish the soup with chives then serve.