Chinese Snails in Black Bean Sauce
|3 lbs small snails in shell|
|2 tbs canola oil|
|2 tbs salty black beans, available at Asian markets|
|4 scallions, sliced on a bias, white and green parts|
|2 tbs fresh ginger, diced|
|2-3 cloves garlic, chopped|
|1/2 cup white wine|
|Kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|Soy sauce and sugar to taste|
This is wonderfully delicious dish. It’s made with in shell freshwater snails which are available at Asian markets.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil,add half of the ginger and the wine, then add the snails. Bring the water back to a boil and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the snails and set aside.
- In a wok or large saute pan add the coking oil, black beans, scallions, ginger and garlic, then saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce sugar and wine and stir to mix.
- Add the snails and cook for 2-4 minutes or until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Season with a dash of salt, pepper and sugar.
- Serve with toothpicks to remove the snails from their shells.