- 3 lbs small snails in shell
- 2 tbs canola oil
- 2 tbs salty black beans, available at Asian markets
- 4 scallions, sliced on a bias, white and green parts
- 2 tbs fresh ginger, diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Soy sauce and sugar to taste
This is wonderfully delicious dish. It’s made with in shell freshwater snails which are available at Asian markets.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil,add half of the ginger and the wine, then add the snails. Bring the water back to a boil and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the snails and set aside.
- In a wok or large saute pan add the coking oil, black beans, scallions, ginger and garlic, then saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce sugar and wine and stir to mix.
- Add the snails and cook for 2-4 minutes or until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Season with a dash of salt, pepper and sugar.
- Serve with toothpicks to remove the snails from their shells.