Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake
- 1/2 cups cream filled chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs, crumbled (oreos)
- 3 tbs butter melted
- 3 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels, melted
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Combine the cookie crumbs and butter, then press firmly into a 9 inch spring form pan.
- Beat the cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Add condensed milk and chocolate morsels, beating until smooth.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until yellow disappears.
- Stir in vanilla, then pour mixture into spring form pan.
- Bake cheesecake at 300 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until set.
- Remove from oven, and immediately run a knife around sides of cheesecake to loosen.
- Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Top with cherry pie filling, then cover and chill for at least 8 hours.