Linguine with Clams
|1 lb Fettuccine|
|2 leeks, sliced and separated into rings|
|2 tbs olive oil|
|2 large cloves garlic, sliced|
|3-4 saffron threads|
|5 lbs little neck clams|
|1/2 cup dry white wine|
|1 red bell pepper, diced|
|1 cup Italian parsley, chopped|
|Kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste|
|Grated lemon peel for garnish|
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Cook leeks in a steamer until tender.
- Place olive oil, garlic and saffron in a heavy pot.
- Cook over low heat until garlic is soft but not colored.
- Add clams, toss, then raise heat to medium-high.
- Pour on wine, cover and cook until the calms have opened. About 3-4 minutes.
- Add bell pepper, parsley and steamed leeks.
- Add the cooked fettuccine to clams and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper, then garnish with lemon peel