Classic Caesar Salad
|3 inch slices of French bread, cubed in 1/2 inch pieces|
|1 head romaine lettuce|
|2 tbs fresh Parmesan cheese, grated|
|1/4 cup lemon juice|
|1 small can anchovies, mashed with oil|
|2 cloves garlic, mashed|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|3 tsp extra virgin olive oil|
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle bead cubes on the sheet and bake for 10 minutes, then allow to cool.
- To make the dressing, stir together the lemon juice, olive oil, anchovies, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Mix the romaine lettuce, Parmesan and the baked bread cubes together in a salad bowl.
- Drizzle the salad with the dressing and toss well.