Classic Italian Meatballs
|1 egg beaten|
|1/4 cup milk|
|1 1/2 cups fresh bread crumbs|
|1/2 lb ground beef|
|1/2 lb ground pork|
|1/2 lb ground veal|
|1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped|
|1/2 cup onion, minced|
|4 tbs Romano or Parmesan cheese, grated|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|4 tbs olive oil|
This is the proper way to make delicious meatballs that contain beef, veal and pork.
- Beat the eggs and milk together in a large bowl.
- Add the bread crumbs, and let soak until the liquid has absorbed, about 3 min.
- Add the meats, parsley, onion, cheese and salt and pepper to taste. Use your hands to mix well.
- Form the meat balls in your hands about the size of a golf ball.
- In a heated skillet add the olive oil and saute the meatballs, turning until brown on all sides. About 15 minutes.
- Remove the meatballs from the oil and drain on paper towels or a wire rack.
- At this point the meat balls may be added to marinara sauce or served as is.