Coconut Pineapple Rice Pudding
|1 cup basmati rice|
|2 (14 oz) cans coconut milk, well shaken|
|1 cup whole milk|
|1 cup sugar|
|2 tbs unsalted butter|
|2 cups diced pineapple|
|1 tsp kosher salt|
|toasted coconut shavings, optional|
|chopped mint, for garnish, optional|
- In a large saucepan over medium high heat, combine rice, milks, sugar and butter.
- Bring to a boil, stir well, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 25 minutes, stirring frequently.
- When rice is cooked, stir in pineapple and salt.
- Transfer to a serving bowl or individual serving dishes.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Garnish with toasted coconut and mint if desired.