Cod in Butter Sauce
- 1 1/2 lbs cod fillets
- 4 tbs flour
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 6 tbs butter, divided
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 lemon cut into slices
- Minced fresh parsley for garnish
- Season flour to taste with salt and pepper.
- Dredge fillets in flour mixture, shaking off excess.
- Heat oil with 2 tbs of the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the fillets and cook until golden on the bottom, about 3 minutes.
- Turn fillets over and cook for 1-2 minutes more or until fish is opaque.
- Drain fillets on paper towels, then transfer to a platter and keep warm.
- add remaining 4 tbs of butter to skillet and heat until if froths.
- Add lemon juice and lemon slices and swirl the pan to heat through.
- Pour the butter sauce over the fillets before serving.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and lemon slices.