- 1/4 lb ground chuck
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 tsp dried minced onion
- 1 tbs chili powder
- 1 tbs yellow mustard
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 all beef hot dogs, casings on if available
- 4 poppy seed hot dog buns
If you never had a Coney Island hot dog, try this recipe! We hope it will bring you there.
- Add a little oil to a saute pan and cook meat over medium heat until browned, stirring until it crumbles, then drain.
- Stir in water and remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Use spread over hot dogs or hamburgers.