|1 lb jumbo lump crab meat|
|3 tbs unsalted butter|
|2 tbs onion, minced|
|2 tbs red bell pepper, minced|
|2 tbs flour|
|1/2 cup milk or half and half|
|1 tsp old bay seasoning|
|Kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1/4 cup mayonnaise|
|1 tbs dry sherry|
|1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce|
|Paprika for garnish|
Crab imperial combines jumbo lump crab meat with a rich sherried white sauce.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and bell pepper, and cook stirring constantly, until the vegetables are tender.
- Combine flour and milk, stirring well, then add the the vegetable mixture and cook stirring often until thickened. About 2 minutes.
- Add the crab meat and the next 5 ingredients, then spoon into a 2 quart baking dish or individual baking shells. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.