Cranberry Coffee Cake
|1/4 lb unsalted butter|
|1 cup sugar|
|2 cups flour|
|1 tsp baking powder|
|1 tsp baking soda|
|1 tsp kosher salt|
|1/2 pint sour cream|
|1 tsp almond extract|
|1 (8 oz) can whole cranberry sauce|
|1/2 cup chopped walnuts|
- Cream butter and add sugar gradually.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Sift dry ingredients together, then add sour cream.
- Add almond extract.
- grease and flour a tube pan, then put half of the batter in the bottom of the pan.
- Add half of the cranberry sauce and spread evenly.
- Add the remaining batter and top with the rest of the cranberries.
- Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 55 minutes.
- Cool for 5-10 minutes before removing from the pan.
- For the topping mix together the powdered sugar, warm water and 1/2 tsp almond extract.