Cranberry Pudding Cake
|3 tbs butter, softened|
|1 cup sugar|
|1 large egg|
|2 cups flour|
|2 tsp baking powder|
|dash kosher salt|
|1 cup milk|
|2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped|
|for the sauce|
|2 cups brown sugar, packed|
|1 cup water|
|1/2 cup sugar|
|3 tbs butter|
|1/4 tsp vanilla extract|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, then grease a 13 x 9 inch baking ban.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly.
- Beat in egg. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt, then add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Gently fold in the chopped cranberries.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan, then bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- For the sauce, in a sauce pan, combine brown sugar, water, sugar and butter.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly to dissolve sugar.
- Cook and stir until sauce is slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla.
- Serve with warm sauce and cake.