Cream of Garlic and Potato Soup
|3/4 lb ham, cubed|
|1 medium onion, chopped|
|10 garlic cloves, peeled and halved|
|2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed|
|2 Tbs butter|
|1/4 cup vegetable oil|
|6 cups chicken broth|
|1 cup whipping cream|
|1 cup half and half|
|Kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
- Combine ham, onion, garlic and potatoes in a saucepan.
- Add butter and oil then saute until onions are tender.
- Place in a large stock pot with chicken broth and cook for one hour.
- Spoon broth mixture , a little at a time into a blender and puree. Add the rest of the broth and continue to puree
- Add the puree to the stockpot and blend in the whipping cream and half and half.
- Heat through but don’t boil.
- Season with salt and pepper.