Cream of Garlic and Potato Soup
- 3/4 lb ham, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup half and half
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Combine ham, onion, garlic and potatoes in a saucepan.
- Add butter and oil then saute until onions are tender.
- Place in a large stock pot with chicken broth and cook for one hour.
- Spoon broth mixture , a little at a time into a blender and puree. Add the rest of the broth and continue to puree
- Add the puree to the stockpot and blend in the whipping cream and half and half.
- Heat through but don’t boil.
- Season with salt and pepper.