Creamed Spinach and Pearl Onions
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 (14 oz) bag of frozen pearl onions, thawed and drained
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 13 cups fresh baby spinach
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat, add pearl onions and cook and stir for 6-8 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in heavy whipping cream and bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cook for another 6-8 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.
- Stir in cheese, salt and pepper.
- Add baby spinach and cook covered for 3-5 minutes or until spinach is wilted, stirring occasionally.