Creamy Parmesan and Romano Grits
- 4 cups whole milk
- 4 tbs unsalted butter
- 2 cups instant grits
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Romano cheese
- Put the milk and butter into a heavy saucepan and warm over medium heat.
- When the milk and butter have started to boil, whisk in the grits.
- Turn down the heat and stir with a wooden spoon for 15 minutes, or until the grits are smooth and creamy. If the grits become too dry add a little more milk.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the Parmesan and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve at once.