Crock Pot Barbecued Beer Brats with Onions and Peppers
- 2 (12 oz) bottles of beer
- 1 bottle barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 large orange bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 2 jalapeno pepper, sliced
- 10 bratwurst links
- 10 hot dog buns
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- Place first eight ingredients in a slow cooker and stir to combine.
- In a large skillet brown bratwurst on all sides over medium high heat, then transfer to the slow cooker.
- Cook covered, on low for 6-8 hours or until sausages are cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- To serve place brats in hot dog buns and top with a little sauce and vegetables.
- Recipe may be halved if desired.