Crock Pot Barbecued Beer Brats with Onions and Peppers
|2 (12 oz) bottles of beer|
|1 bottle barbecue sauce|
|1/2 cup ketchup|
|1 large onion, halved and sliced|
|1 large yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips|
|1 large orange bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips|
|2 jalapeno pepper, sliced|
|10 bratwurst links|
|10 hot dog buns|
|6 cloves garlic, chopped|
- Place first eight ingredients in a slow cooker and stir to combine.
- In a large skillet brown bratwurst on all sides over medium high heat, then transfer to the slow cooker.
- Cook covered, on low for 6-8 hours or until sausages are cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- To serve place brats in hot dog buns and top with a little sauce and vegetables.
- Recipe may be halved if desired.