Cuban Style Sirloin Tips
|2 lbs tri-tip steak, cut into 1 inch cubes|
|1/2 cup olive oil|
|2 medium onions, chopped|
|6 garlic cloves, chopped|
|1 (6 oz) can tomato paste|
|1 cup water|
|2 tbs beef stock|
|1 tsp cider vinegar|
|1 tsp chili powder|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|2 tsp cumin|
|1/4 cup golden raisins|
|1 (6 oz) jar green olives with pimento, drained and roughly chopped|
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add beef and brown on all sides, then remove from skillet.
- Place onions and garlic in skillet and cook for 3-5 minutes until onions are translucent. Take care not to burn garlic.
- Add tomato paste, water, beef stock, and vinegar.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, then stir in chili powder, pepper and cumin.
- Return beef to skillet, add raisins and olives.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer covered for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over white rice.