Cucumber and Shrimp Salad
|2 English cucumbers|
|1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced|
|1 lb small cooked salad shrimp|
|For the dressing|
|1/4 cup sugar|
|1 cup rice vinegar|
|2 tbs soy sauce|
|3 tbs sesame seeds, toasted|
|2 tsp red pepper flakes, more if you like it spicy|
|6-8 radishes, chopped|
|lettuce leaves for serving|
|Fresh dill for garnish|
- Cut the cucumbers lengthwise, then cut into crescents.
- Add to a bowl and salt lightly and mix. Allow to sit for 30 minutes then drain cucumbers through a wire mesh strainer. This will help to remove excess liquid.
- In another bowl combine the cucumber with the shrimp, red pepper flakes, red onion and radishes
- Mix all ingredients for the dressing, then pour over the cucumbers. Reserve some of the dressing for later use.
- Taste for seasoning and re season with salt and pepper if desired.