Cucumber and Shrimp Salad
- 2 English cucumbers
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 lb small cooked salad shrimp
- For the dressing
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 3 tbs sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes, more if you like it spicy
- 6-8 radishes, chopped
- lettuce leaves for serving
- Fresh dill for garnish
- Cut the cucumbers lengthwise, then cut into crescents.
- Add to a bowl and salt lightly and mix. Allow to sit for 30 minutes then drain cucumbers through a wire mesh strainer. This will help to remove excess liquid.
- In another bowl combine the cucumber with the shrimp, red pepper flakes, red onion and radishes
- Mix all ingredients for the dressing, then pour over the cucumbers. Reserve some of the dressing for later use.
- Taste for seasoning and re season with salt and pepper if desired.