Cumin Spiced Shrimp with Mango Lime Cumin Vinaigrette
|1 1/2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|1/2 tsp salt|
|1 tsp ground cumin (freshly ground seeds are best)|
|1/2 tsp black pepper|
|1/2 tsp chili powder|
|3 tbs extra virgin olive oil, divided|
|2 cups fresh diced mango|
|2 tbs chopped cilantro, for garnish|
|For the vinaigrette-|
|2 tsp lime zest|
|Juice of 1 lime|
|1 tbs orange jluice|
|1 tbs honey|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1-2 tsp ground cumin|
- Place shrimp in a large zip lock plastic bag.
- Add salt, next 3 ingredients, and 2 tbs of oil.
- Seal bag, tossing to coat shrimp in the marinade. Chill for 1 hour.
- Heat remaining 1 tbs oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add shrimp and cook, turning once, about 2-3 minutes total. Allow to cool.
- Combine shrimp, mango, lime-cumin vinaigrette in a bowl, tossing to coat.
- Place shrimp evenly in each of 6 lettuce cups and sprinkle with cilantro and season with salt and pepper.