Curried Potato and Scallion Pancakes
|2 lbs Yukon gold potatoes, cooked and grated|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1 tbs flour|
|3 tsp hot curry powder|
|3 tsp garam masala|
|5 large eggs, beaten|
|1 tsp baking powder|
|4-6 scallions, minced, white and green parts|
|fresh herbs, thyme, rosemary, parsley etc. (optional)|
|1 tbs granulated garlic|
- Scrub the potatoes and add to a large pot of cool water, covering the potatoes by 1 inch.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium. Cook the potatoes for about 40 minutes or until just tender.
- Drain the place the potatoes in cool water to cool completely.
- Drain and peel the potatoes.
- Using the large holes of a box grater grate the potatoes and add to a bowl.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, curry powder, garam masala, garlic, herbs (if using), and salt and pepper.
- Add the grated potatoes, and beaten eggs, mixing well until well incorporated.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Use your hands to form round patties, using all the potato mixture.
- Once the oil is hot add several patties to the pan, gently flattening them with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Cook for about 8 minutes, turning them once until both sides are a golden brown.
- Drain on a wire rack or paper towels and serve warm.