Easy Cheddar Cheese Bread
|1/2 cup chopped onion|
|1 tbs butter|
|1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded|
|1 cup bisquick|
|1/3 cup milk|
|1 tbs poppy seeds|
- Saute the onion in the butter until tender.
- Combine 1/2 cup of the cheese, 1 egg and the Bisquick.
- Add the milk and beat until the dough is stiff.
- Knead it on a lightly floured board about 10 times.
- Pat the dough into the bottom of an 8 inch square pan or pie plate.
- combine the remaining cheese and egg and mix well.
- spread over the dough in the pan and sprinkle with onions and poppy seeds.
- Bake at 425 for 20 minutes.