Easy Cheddar Cheese Bread
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup bisquick
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tbs poppy seeds
- Saute the onion in the butter until tender.
- Combine 1/2 cup of the cheese, 1 egg and the Bisquick.
- Add the milk and beat until the dough is stiff.
- Knead it on a lightly floured board about 10 times.
- Pat the dough into the bottom of an 8 inch square pan or pie plate.
- combine the remaining cheese and egg and mix well.
- spread over the dough in the pan and sprinkle with onions and poppy seeds.
- Bake at 425 for 20 minutes.